7 Time MCMA Award Winner
Honest as a day spent on a tractor and driven like the drifting Prairie snow. Quinton Blair is heavily influenced by the storytelling and songwriting traditions of country music. Blair is a 4-time Manitoba Country Music Associations Roots Artist of the Year; a 2-time MCMA Male Artist of the Year and also garnered himself, Songwriter of the Year, for the song 20 Dollar Bottle; a collaboration written with Jason Blaine. “The country music family is so fantastic in this country, and its an honour to have your peers recognize all the hard work and energy that goes into every song and every show” says Blair of his multiple awards.
Blair has released five singles to Canadian radio, granting him national exposure to many markets across Canada, with a loyal Prairie following.
Born with a natural Prairie sensibility, his roots running deep in rural Manitoba, Quinton is authentic as the day is long. When not moving a dance floor with his uptempo, boot-stompin’, brand of country music; you will find him in the roping pen, or guiding folks through the wilderness of Manitoba on horseback.
Blair’s music is heavily influenced by the likes of Dwight, AJ, and Garth which reflects the fiddle-driven era of dancehall country of the 90s.
His mainstream crossover appeal, and his ability to execute an engaging live performance, have presented Blair many opportunities to share the stage with the likes of Corb Lund, Charlie Major, Terri Clark, High Valley and many more, along with playing main stage festivals, and headline shows across the Prairies. From tear-jerkers to boot scooters, Blair has an incredible handle on the country music songbook, and an uncanny ability to read a crowd and bring them to the dancefloor. Quinton doesn’t just play country music, country is in his blood.
- 2022, 2018, 2016, 2015 Manitoba Country Music Association's Roots Artist of the Year
- 2022, 2017 Manitoba Country Music Association's Male Artist of the Year
- 2022 Manitoba Country Music Association Faye Walker Songwriter of the Year - 20 Dollar Bottle
- Officially showcased at Canadian Country Music Week, Folk Alliance International, Manitoba Arts Network, Organization of Saskatchewan Arts Councils, Manitoba Music, and Manitoba Music Songwriter Camp
- Latest release 20 Dollar Bottle
- Notable performances Dauphin's Country Fest, Canada Day at the Forks, Canadian Country Music Week, Festival du Voyageur, Chinook Rodeo Association Finals, Time's Change(d) High and Lonesome Club, the Park Theatre, The Ironwood Stage and Grill, King Eddy, Big M Stampede, and many corn dog fairs and rodeos on the Prairies.
- notable artists supported Corb Lund, George Canyon, Charlie Major, Terri Clark, Doc Walker, Road Hammers, High Valley and many more.
Reviews and Articles
Pembina Valley Online New Music from Quinton Blair. Read article here
Brandon Sun Country artist helping others one show at a time. Read article here
The Dauphin Herald Blair focuses his fund-raising on Dauphin. Read article here
CBC Local artist pledges to raise $1 Million for Manitoba communities through concerts. Read article here
Portage Online interview with Cody Buhler - A Love Song for the Prairies. Read article here
Steinbach Online interview with Dave Anthony - Quinton Blair talks million dollar initiative. Read article here
The Vue interview with Jasmine Salszar - Quinton Blair on his roots label. Read article here
Runaway Pup live performance review with Dana Rempel. Read review here
Jasper Fitz Hugh interview with Kayla Byrne - Country-folk Singer Sets Sights on Jasper. Read article here
CBC interview with Bruce Ladan - Manitoba Country Singer Sets Sights on Nashville. Read article here
Verb Magazine interview with Alex MacPherson - Writing Songs That Matter. Read article here
LA Beat review with Richard Amery - Lots of Twang with Blake Berglund and Quinton Blair. Read article here
Manitoba Music Winter Songwriter Retreat press release. Read article here
Steinbach Online Quinton Blair and Jordan St Cyr - Manitoba Songwriting Retreat!. Read article here